Pageviews

In Aurora Baler featured travel

Haler, Baler! Gora na sa Aurora!




There is always something about every "first time".
I used to travel different places with family and gone in an adventure with Daddy.
This time, I get to travel alone ( it means no parents around ) in a place I've never been before.
My friend took me on a Two days and 1 night Baler trip in the middle of the Summer.
I never felt afraid going on a trip and that's how I have proved the adventurous woman inside me.
And here's how our Baler Trip adventure begins.

 
Heading Aurora.
Never in my wildest dream would I have thought that I'll be blogging this trip one day, that's why I failed to have the time noted. But as far as I know; and as far as I'm concern, We left the Municipality of Sta. Maria Bulacan at 5:00 in the morning, Thursday 28th of May this year. The traveling time is approximately 4 hours from Bulacan to Aurora.

Oh, where are my manners!? I haven't introduced my companion yet.
This is Roy Gravador, my Kuya.
He's been supporting me since I was a youth leader and I have supported his advocacy for the out-of-school youth as well. It was like a give and take kind of relationship where we started.  
Since then, we became friends and to make it deeper...he's more like a sibling.
I guess he loves his li'l sister this much that he did everything in his power  for us to have a pinch of vacation.. together.  


Day 1: First stop, Largest Balete tree!!


We're finally headed to our first destination. One of Aurora's tourist attraction, well, it is really an attraction and it is one glorious timing that Mister Sun had just risen and its rays complements this creature. If you know the feeling of being blessed by God for making such thing called "nature" and having an eyes that able to see those things, insert a harmonic background music for my dramatic expressions, please. lol

Rainproof shelter inside the monster tree








Heard about the superstitious beliefs they've been accusing to Balete tree since I was a kid.
Some people says it is the house of a Giant fairy called "Kapre" and other says it is a shelter for bad spirits, no direction ghosts etc. But the larger this tree is, the more amazed I was. Ain't afraid to try to get inside it too! There is really so much more in this world than just how we believe in unproven word-of-the-mouths.



Delicacies.


What's for the breakfast?
One more reason why you should visit the largest Balete tree is because this is where they sell this so called "Black Suman" which has a great taste of balete tree, joke!
I'm not a ricecake lover and I don't take photos of food that I don't like.
That's why it's another failure: Failed to take photo of Aurora's delicacy Unwrapped Black Suman. Bow.

Craving for some ice cold water under the sun?! Yes, Please!!



The defrosting heat of  sun earlier is now getting hotter and this will surely calls for some relaxing body water treat. Where to go next!?
Ditumabo Mother Falls.
This adventure is just a simple explanation that you will have to conquer the trials in order for you to succeed the pleasure in life.
It is almost a 1.2 km trekking, river-crossing, rock hopping and hill climbing before we have finally  reached Mother F.
 Change outfit for more convenience dirt embracing.
 Energy starter.
 Let's do this, minion!

 This is sooooo exciting! It was my first time to do some trek!




 A glimpse of fresh cold water just made us more excited to reach its finished line.
 Sunny day don't care.
 Not sure if we're wearing a right foot wear. This is not easy, tho.
 
 Seriously thankful for the simple bamboo bridge where we can rest our feet from the hard slippery rocks.

 Half way there!


Mother Effff! Just Wow!


I don't usually shout when I see things.. but the first thing came out from my mouth is just "WOW!" with my eyes went bright and dilated with amaze!
I thought It'd be just a simple falls I used to see before. Now I understand why it is called "Mother Falls" though it's not the mother of all falls, ain't the largest one either. She's such a majestic view. The ice cold clearest water I've ever jumped in! The noise of almost 50 persons in the area was just a whisper of ants when you could only hear the loud rhythm of water from a high place falls down into a spring. Another musical background, please! lol.
People panicking on how to take great photos of the falls for good instagram post, kids were a bit afraid getting into the water because of the coldness and everyone seems obviously don't want to leave this paradise so soon.
I decided not to add an effects or adjustments because as you can see.. this place indeed need no filter. The greenish reflections of surroundings that appears in the water. I will surely be back here anytime! I want my family to experience this little paradise. To see natures' best, to trek and to be amaze all together.
 If there's a mother.. there's a baby!








Day 2: Sabang Surfing Beach


For the highlight of our Baler trip, of course surfing wouldn't be missed!
Again, I failed to take note the name of the hotel where we stayed overnight, nevertheless, peoples of Aurora are very hospitable, whenever they see tourists, they are smiling and waving as a sign of a warm welcome and you can see how grateful they are for us to witness their tourism.

We woke  up around 6 AM and one of the hotel staffs told us that the best time to visit the surfing beach is during morning. So we opted to prepare earlier than we're planned to.
Left the hotel at exactly 7:00 am after our very delightful breakfast which I also failed to capture.
It took us only 30 mins to reach the beach from our lodge and it is very surprising to know that it is an open beach. No entrance fee, no specific names of beach resorts where you have to pay for the parking lots, cottages, clean waters etc; and that's one of the several things I love about this place. They don't grab the chance to fool tourist with over expensive stuffs and other invalid fees.

Costa Pacifica








Bucketlist: Learn how to surf!

When you hit Sabang Surfing Beach, you'll notice surfboards with a surfing lesson details.
You cannot leave this beach without trying this out. The lesson costs Php300 for 1 hour, (30 mins for the lesson and 30 mins to enjoy surfing alone) plus a black rush guard uniform with a student at the back, I refuse to wear one for I am afraid to wear clothes that has been used by several of students.
It is not an easy lesson and I mean it. I'm having a hard time learning this kind of sport and it takes triple effort, focus, confidence, eagerness and passion.
As people say, there is always a first time, worst time; and I answered: "There is always something about succeeding on a first try".

We started by a little lecture on how to hold, stand and balance in a surfboard before and after the waves which is demonstrated by my teacher who is I can described as a tall, dark (literal) and kinda handsome 20 year old guy with a good body built but not the "Hot surfer" that we're craving walking around the beach on a summer. lol. Back to the business,  it isn't all about balancing, it's about timing. For there is a proper cue from the sea that you must have to anticipate in order for you not to be swallowed by the waves, yes I'm just scaring you!
After the brief introduction about surfing. We are off to the saltwater to finally test my ability to dance with the waves. I have no water skills, I can't even swim if my feet aren't be able to touch the water floor either.  So what am I expecting, a butterfly garden in  my tummy! I'm too scared and too nervous that I almost want to back out. But then again, what's listed in the bucket list must be done by the one who wrote it, me.

At the first try, I failed, of course. Failed in everything. Even the way I shouted while jumping in the water from the board is out of poise. For the second, third, forth.... nth try, I still failed.
Tall-dark-handsome kuya told me to stop and take a deep breath, think of all the positive thing as possible while saying "Ate, kaya mo yan! " and by that moment, I decided to think of something that may inspire me, so I think of food! A good food as a reward, why not!? And guess what, I did it!!


Queuing for the waves, preparing, until the time has finally came and the water is pushing me away from the middle of the sea, a strong hold to the curved-shaped part of the board, straight look to the shore where I am supposed to end up, and the hardest part goes to the changing from the resting position to kneeling to standing. And there you go! I realized it is really easy to balance, especially for this body, and once you've learned how to balance then you'll be able to stand still. If you will look on a deeper side of this activity, there is so many lessons in every little thing that life has to offer. Us, people, doesn't need to have a broad explanation on how to balance life because in this simple moves.. I've learned not only how to surf but more on how not to give up. When life gives you big waves of problems or challenges, just go surf it! If you failed, try it all over again because if you stop you'll be drowned;  and once you've already learned how to balance, then you can stand up feel the waves under your board of confidence and you will love how you're moving faster and faster from a big dangerous body of water into a smooth shore where your board could actually kiss the sands. You just have to keep on trying, keep on moving.




One of the things listed on my bucketlist had finally checked out! I never thought that I could make it,  though! Tall-dark-handsome kuya left me after 20mins of training for I can enjoy the rest of the time surfing. I almost give him a kiss for teaching me lol. (Was this blog almost about this tall-dark-handsome kuya? haha ) I just gave him a tip instead 'cause it's worth it.
The unlimited surfing for almost 40 mins still not enough for a happy kid who just recently learned how to surf. I hope I could do this every time I am happy, I have a problem, I am hungry, I want to sing, Oh! Anytime for no reason!




 There is no such thing as free ride, you would either have to pay for something or learn one thing before you enjoy the priceless moment that everyone deserves.

White Sands, Baby!

After the having a fun surfing, tall-dark-handsome kuya (Again and again!) suggested that we should go to the white beaches of Baler. Since my sister has already gone here, she told me not to expect a beautiful white beaches since Baler is only famous with its large waves but the sands are almost grayish but she insisted that the water is clearer than I expect, which is true, that's why my inner soul woke up by knowing that there is another popular beach in no more than 20 mins ride from Sabang Surfing Beach to (I never knew the name of the beach) White sands beach.



For the second time, I was amazed by the second No-entrance-fee-resort we entered. You will have to pay for the clear drinking water if you want but aside from that it is all free, even the use of the shower rooms, cottages and pools. The place is so clean, so good (No Japanese with a hand fan poster, hey!) It very quiet and peaceful. To make it clear, sands are not that really white; it's kind of dirty white but not as white as Boracay's.
It is just a small beach, or should I say there is only part of this beach that has this kind of sands. A cool relaxing summer breeze right after a nerve-wrecking dare to surf challenge to myself, don't I really deserve this? Did I?! haha.


We just went there to take photos, feel the air, watching foreigners on their sun bathing hobby, zipping good fruit blends and a quick swim in the pool to make it more perfect. The short stay in this place just made a huge ease that every busy working people like me looking for on a vacation.
The feeling of "Oh, I could stay here like forever" and "Yes, this is life" is the most wanted list in my life's goal that must have done every month, if possible!



Thank you for viewing my blog. It is just so nice to express your thoughts over something. If you notice something wrong in my grammar, spelling or used of words, please feel free to comment it here, I would gladly and openly accept constructive criticism for the improvement of my writing skills and to have a better write ups for my future blogs. Also, if you know someone who has a perfect blog that you may recommend me to read I would highly appreciate if you'll comment here the link of his/her page because I guess a newbie blogger like me needs some inspiration.(not to imitate)
I hope this blog could help those who's planning to visit Baler, Aurora for a trip/vacation because as much as possible, I wrote the details stored in my memory when we were there. There are so much more places and tourist spots in Baler that you guys should try when you go there which I have not been that time. But I am telling you that the spots written in this blog shouldn't be missed!

Related Articles

0 comments:

MORE POSTS

Weekends in Buscalan Village, Kaling.

Popular Posts